TikTok is now the third-largest social network in the world. And while the app is known to be popular among Gen Z and Gen Alpha users, usage is growing across other demographics: Boomers reported a 164% increase in TikTok use between January and May 2023.
While TikTok has become a popular app for emerging trends, niche communities, and hashtag challenges, it’s also evolved into a powerful tool for businesses. Brands looking to reach new customers are increasingly turning to TikTok’s unique offerings.
Ahead, discover how your brand can use TikTok for business to build community, drive brand awareness, and meet conversion goals using an organic content strategy and the power of video ads.
Why use TikTok for business?
Branded TikTok content by Finn and Wholey blends seamlessly with user content in the feed.
TikTok offers plenty of bang for your buck when it comes to reaching its key demographic: Gen Z consumers. The platform is where this generation is discovering trends, brands, and new products, therefore it’s the perfect place to position your business for maximum discoverability.
Other benefits to brands using TikTok for business include:
- High engagement rate on the platform
- Viral potential within trending topics and products
- Niche communities that could resemble target audiences
- Affordable ad campaign options
- Access to creators and influencers for partnerships and sponsored content
- Connect directly to your online store with selling features and integrations
How to use TikTok for business (in 8 steps)
- Create a TikTok business account
- Get to know your audience and the TikTok community
- Establish your goals
- Create a TikTok content strategy
- Create engaging branded content
- Consider collabs and influencer marketing
- Check out TikTok’s ad platform
- Get started with the TikTok sales channel for Shopify
If your business is ready to unlock brand engagement with video marketing on TikTok, you’re in the right place. These step-by-step guide will get you set up, maximize creativity, and help you extract the most value from TikTok’s features.