Most people don’t buy your products after their first visit to your site.
Ecommerce stores, on average, convert around only 5% of their traffic. If you don’t have a strategy to gain back website visitors, you’re leaving money on the table.
That’s where retargeting comes in.
Retargeting is an advertising technique that targets people who have visited a website. A person who visits a particular product page may later get served a display ad for the same product elsewhere.
In this article, you’ll learn how retargeting works, with tips and apps to create ads that keep you top of mind and profitable.
How does Retargeting work?
Retargeting works by using “cookies,” which are pieces of code stored by a user’s web browser. They tell you who visited your webpage, saw your ad, or engaged with your mobile app.
Using cookie data, you can retarget recent website visitors with ads to remind them about products they wanted to buy. Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram run retargeting ads. You can also run Google ads through the Google Display Network.
Common retargeting ads ecommerce brands run are aimed at:
- Anyone who’s visited your homepage or collection page
- Anyone who’s visited your product page
- Anyone who’s added a product to cart.
Here’s how it works for shoppers:
- They browse your website, scrolling through your bestsellers and maybe even adding a product to their cart.
- They leave your website without buying anything.
- They start seeing your retargeting ads while reading an article, scrolling Facebook, or watching YouTube videos.
- They remember the awesome stuff you had in your store, return, and purchase something.
By showing relevant, targeted ads to interested customers, retargeting raises brand awareness and increases conversions. Moreover, you can run them with automation, so your ads work in the background while you focus on other aspects of your business.
Why is retargeting beneficial?
Some 96% of people who come to your website are not ready to buy. Retargeting campaigns are kind of like dating: you don’t meet someone for the first time and fall in love. Sometimes it takes a few interactions before you commit to them.
A retargeting campaign is an effective way to win back potential customers. It has several advantages, including:
- Easy to personalize. Retargeting ads are based on past interactions a customer has with your brand. You can pull information like products visited or added to cart and include it in your ads. They also let you target people relevant to where they are in your marketing funnel.
- Increases order rate. Marketers using three or more channels in any one campaign earned a 494% higher order rate than those using a single-channel campaign. Retargeting ads are part of a successful omnichannel marketing campaign.
- Precise targeting. By segmenting customers based on their behaviors, you can deliver more relevant ads with higher click-through rates and conversion rates. In any market segment, you’re targeting people who are already familiar with your brand.
Our retargeting service is designed to help businesses like yours reach their target audience more effectively. By targeting users who have previously visited your website, we can increase the likelihood of converting them into customers. Our platform is easy to use and provides comprehensive analytics to help you track your results.
If you are interested in learning more about our retargeting service and how it can benefit your business, please don't hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to provide you with a personalized consultation and discuss how we can help you achieve your marketing goals.